Total Pageviews

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Aaj Kuch toofani kartein hain!!

"Aaj Kuch toofani kartein hain" I guess this is what must be going on in the minds of the organisers of SUV junction!!! With the summers taking its toll, Times Of India and  Atul Enterprises jointly organised an off-roading event( SUV Junction)for all the adventure enthusiasts in Pune...people who love that adrenaline rush!!
With the track set up in Western-Hills(an Atul enterprises project) and the dates decided..my husband(Alok) and his friends were all geared up for the event!! Not to forget...my son(Naman)too was equally geared up for this event( having this love for off-roading, racing in his genes)!
Alok told me that me and the kids were also going along with him for the race, and me (being the smartass that I am), very confidently asked him with whom would the kids stay with over there since I was going to Navigate him!


He laughed his head off and I knew instantly that it was a dumb question to ask since his navigator has been only one guy for years now....Soham Shah!
The 1st day we reached the venue and it was full with teams from all over Maharashtra with maximum Jeeps and Gypsies apart from a few other SUVs like Lexus, Land cruiser Toyota fj pajero etc.
It was a Relay event on day1, where tag-teams were made of 3 cars each and winners were decided on the basis of the cumulative time taken by the team! My son all excited, full of energy and a twinkle in his eyes, was busy running from one point to the other on order to see the vehicles complete their tasks.

He even took an extra walkie talkie from Alok to hear what he and his navigator would talk! Sitting in the tent put up for their team, getting tanned in the hot blazing sun and surrounded by men covered in sweat and mud, I told my son I wanted to go home. He was shocked to hear it and assuming that maybe I am not following what's happening around, he sat next to me and started explaining me the works! Seeing his interest it was decided that I would stay till it got over.
Day 2 started with a Bang, with most of the vehicles broken or out of the league due to the previous day event. It was an Individual race event! Navigators were compulsory for all participants, with vehicles going over the obstacles and in the water it was an amazing event, very nicely organised and equally well executed! 

Alok and Soham came second in the Individual event, with a difference of three seconds from the person on the first position and their team came First in the Relay event! 
A lovely dinner, lots of chitter-chatter and an extremely tired set of people enjoying it, was the perfect end to two extremely power packed toofani days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment